Saturday, September 11, 2010

Carl Paladino Wants to See Your Pussy

When he's not thinking of new ways to put black people in internment camps or pondering the finer points of equine fetishes, Carl Paladino likes to spend his time getting drunk and asking women to show him their genitalia.  Carl prefers the vernacular though as evidenced by yesterday's WNYMedia story.

The thing that struck me most about Kinky Carl's most recent foray into the realm of the distasteful wasn't his 'Show me your pussy!' comment.  Over the course of my years I've had a few drinks and propositioned a few women and I 'd be a hypocrite if I sat here and pretended that I was always a saint about it.  No, my disgust with Paladino's behavior stems from his comments to the woman who was attempting to keep him in line.  According to her account, when she asked him to behave, Paladino said “shut up you fucking dyke. Don’t quit your day job.”

This is the sort of comment that we've come to expect from Paladino.  Some days it's minorities, other days it's poor people and, in this example it was gay folks, but whatever the case, it seems that the only  group of people safe from Kinky Carl's rage is wealthy white men.

The New York State Gubernatorial primary will be held next  Tuesday.  I'm on the fence when it comes to what I'd like the Republicans to do.  Part of me wants Paladino to win simply for the theater of it all, but another part of me sincerely hopes that Republicans in New York State can't find a way to identify with this man.

Elections should be about raising the level of debate and sharing ideas, but this one has become a sounding board for Carl Paladino's insane ramblings.  Whatever happens with the Republicans on Tuesday, at least I can be confident that Andrew Cuomo is ready to take all comers.  Cuomo has spent months refining his platform and gathering support from citizens all over the state.  When the general election in November comes around and Andrew Cuomo is our Governor-Elect I'll be happy and relieved to let the lunatic fringe stew in their own madness and plot revenge from their padded cells.

No comments: